About Us: Triangle aims to bridge the divide between policy making, empirical research and the media to produce lasting results for clients, a rewarding environment for its team, and positively impact the communities where we operate. In order to integrate policy, research and media, Triangle incorporates empirical enquiry with effective communications, thereby developing clear, concise and effective evidence-based solutions for the organisations we work with. Through this integrated approach, Triangle endeavours to transfer ownership of how decisions are made so that people have a greater say in how policy and development shape their lives.
As a growing organization, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals who bring their expertise, ambitions, and innovative project ideas to complement our mission. We work in a multilingual, highly collaborative environment, with staff and consultants distributed over multiple time zones. As such, we seek colleagues who can manage projects independently and deliver exceptional results. In return, we offer unusual autonomy and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the team you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Position Summary : The Intern will assist with research, program development, grant management and provide administrative support. The internship is based in Beirut, Lebanon.
Position Title: Intern
Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Reports to: Operations Officer & Triangle Directors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide research and writing assistance to policy, research and media projects.
- Assist Triangle Directors with day-to-day business development tasks.
- Assist with organizing Triangle events and roundtable discussions.
- Communicate via Skype, email and phone with field staff, consultants and local partners.
- Contribute to outreach and Triangle’s online presence.
- Triangle will compensate interns with a symbolic amount as well as cover transportation costs. Internships carry the possibility of compensation for exceptional work performed and promotion to a full-time position after a period of three calendar months.
- Bachelor’s degree, or final stages of graduate studies in economics, public policy, international affairs, political science or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct qualitative research on socioeconomic and humanitarian issues.
- Native-level ability to communicate effectively in English. Proficiency in Arabic is highly desirable while. French, Farsi and Turkish are assets.
- Excellent writing skills in English are required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in policy, research and media.
- Knowledge of the West Asia and North Africa region. A specific focus on the Levant is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with programme and technical teams.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and organizational skills.
- Experience handling sensitive information preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant donor funding and development mechanisms is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience conducting quantitative analysis is highly desirable.